GROW WISCONSIN POTATOES
IN YOUR CLASSROOM!
The Wisconsin Potato Growers Auxiliary wants students to learn about the importance of the Wisconsin potato industry. The Auxiliary has developed a program called “Kids Dig Wisconsin Potatoes.” Your students will learn first hand what it takes to grow potatoes. We will supply you with seed potatoes, a materials list, and instructions. We’ll even help you plan a Harvest Party for the class when it is time to harvest your potatoes.
- All schools that sign up by the deadline will receive free
Wisconsin seed potatoes in January
- Fun interactive activities and lesson plans utilizing math, writing, social studies, and science
- Website where you can download lesson plans, activities, and videos
- List of books and other resources
- Kid-friendly recipes and healthy nutrition facts
- This program meets 4th grade curriculum
- Program runs January-May 2019
- Registration deadline is November 9, 2018
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page!